Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A first round of main guitar and overdubs have been tracked for my forthcoming Options record. I'm supposed to lay down second guitar tracks next week, and getting my guitar fixed this weekend to make that happen. I have intentionally not written many additional guitar parts for this record, because I've found that spontaneity usually helps the melodic underpinnings flourish, rather than pre-writing additional guitar parts and "learning" them to repeat back on the record.

Matt and I finally started tracking vocals for Coaster's record last night after a couple false starts. Everything is sounding great and we're roughly 1/4 of the way there. Feels good to finally be committing these parts to a record. We don't have any shows coming up as of now, just focusing on finishing this record.

Next week, I'm going to be mixing New Color's first full length. It's been tracked for a few months, so I'm really looking forward to tying up its' loose ends.

Lifted Bells is playing next week in Chicago and St Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment